New Forest Villages Housing Association Ltd
New Forest Villages Housing Association Ltd 


Paying your rent


If you pay your rent monthly, it is due on the first of the month and in advance.  If you pay rent weekly it is due on the first day of each week in advance.  Failure to pay your rent on time and in full and may lead to the loss of your home.


Rent Reviews


A review of your rent and service charges takes place once a year.  At the end of August each year, you will receive notification of your new rent and service charges along with a breakdown telling you what you will need to pay from 1st October that year.


How to Pay Your Rent


Rent can be paid in the following ways;


  • By BACS/online bank transfer

  • Standing Order

  • Paying in book – please contact the office to request a paying in book


    Rent Statements


    If you would like to request a copy of your rent statement, or if you need a mew paying in book, please contact the office. 


Help with Paying your Rent


Depending on your circumstances, you could be entitled to make a claim for Housing Benefit.  


If you need help or advice to make a Housing Benefit claim, you can contact t the Housing Benefit Department at New Forest District Council (NFDC) on  01590 646122.  In some cases, you may be able to make an appointment to meet with an Advisor. 


If you are happy to complete the form yourself, you can go to the NFDC website homepage  and click on ‘Benefits and Council Tax’ followed by ‘Housing Benefit, council Tax Reduction and welfare advice’ followed by ‘How to Make a Claim’ and follow the instructions to print and complete a claim form.


Please note that you will be required to provide evidence along with your claim.  Please see the NFDC website for full details of the requirements.


Change in Circumstances


If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, and you have a change in circumstances, for example, you lose your job, someone moves in, or out of your home or you have a baby, you must ensure that you notify Housing Benefit at your earliest convenience.  A change in circumstances may affect your claim entitlement. 


Advice Services


If you are struggling with debt or struggling to pay your rent or other bills, you may wish to seek advice from the following free services;


Citizens Advice Bureau

Tel: 03444 111 444 (Calls cost the same as calling an 01 or 02 number)

Online advice and Webchat link can be found at:


The Money Advice Service

                Tel: 0300 500 5000 (Calls cost the same as calling an 01 or 02 number)

                Online advice and Webchat link can be found at:


Get Involved!

Do you have a background or interest  in housing, construction, finance or similar? Are you interested in joining the Board?


We are interested in hearing from both tenants and members of the public.    


For further information and to find out how you can get involved, please contact us at;


New Forest Villages Housing Association

(Management Services by English Rural HA)


Coniers Way

new Inn LAne





Tel: +44 1425 611855
E-mail: Please  use the email form found on the 'contact page' or by clicking here.  


Please see our News Letter page for the latest news and information

Print Print | Sitemap
© New Forest Villages